Thursday, August 23, 2007

25/8 - Urangabad

I have finally arrived to the normal climate of India, after the heat of Mumbai, it is nice to know you can travel outside without feeling your T-shirt wet all the time.

Urangabad is a small city (2 million people) 8 hours away from Mumbai, I arrived here at 5 A.M and the train station was full of life during that time. beside the climate, the prices here are much more reasonable, this city is much less crowded and more "user friendly", there is even a small "Taj Mahal" here - a memorial tomb which was build at the year of 1638 and resemble to the famous one Taj in Agra city. i call it "Crap Mahal" since it's very poor compare to the "real deal".

The main reason people come here is the amazing caves, sculptured in a mountain, containing temples, Buddha statues, and fresco's. it was built during the years: 600 - 1000 A.D.
This is one of the most popular attractions in the state but I've seen just a few foreigners tourists here (many local tourists though), I guess most of them spending their time up in the north part of India, where the season is "hot" arround there.
I still haven't moved and burned the photos to a disk so I can't show you nothing for now, but patient is a great virtue (or so I've been told ...)

Today I met 2 very nice American guys (a young married couple actually) and in a 1 minute conversation we decided to share our moments together and continue travel as a small group from now on until... god only knows. I liked traveling alone, it could give me the ability for a total freedom, of course it has its own disadvantages indeed, but I think it is a good time to hook up with some of the other travelers.

Since it is a weekend and a holiday time here, we are pretty stuck in this place, hopefully we can catch a train to Rajastan the day after tomorrow.

To view Aurangabad Slideshow click here
To view Aurangabad Album click here

Bibi Ba Maqabra (Crap Mahal):


That's it for now,
wish me luck,
Yoni.

No comments: